Friday, August 6, 2010

August 3

Plan: I'm interviewing a new babysitter for Christopher.

Who I met: Maggie Hughes is a 19 year old, recent high school graduate who lives in the neighborhood near us. She was so polite and sweet-Christopher and I just loved her! I let her know immediately what my expectations are, and she said that was no problem whatsoever. I think it's going to be a great fit!

What I learned: I'm a hell of a negotiator. I'm paying her half as much as the last woman who watched him, but I'm getting a lot more for my money. She's going to walk him to and from the bus stop, and make sure he eats breakfast in the morning and a snack in the afternoon. But, most importantly, she's going to help him with his homework and reading. Maggie's an early education major at Meramec, so she has no problem working with him. Yea! I can't wait for the 1st day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment