Friday, July 30, 2010

July 29

Plan: This was easy. I was going to the Chuck Berry concert at Kiener Plaza to rally support to bring the Democratic National Convention to St. Louis 2012. Easy.

Who I met: It WAS easy. We had to wait in line for a good hour, so I introduced myself to the woman standing behind me. Her name was Kim and she told me that her husband was nervous letting her go by herself because it was downtown. I told her we would stick together because I wasn't scared. I asked her what brought her down to the event. She's a huge Chuck Berry fan, but also excited that the DNC might be here in 2010. She said her husband was a doctor, and Chuck Berry's brother was a patient of his, so she's seen him play at Blueberry Hill.

What I learned: That was SO easy! We spent the time in line together and then sat together for the concert. She has a daughter going into middle school, and I was able to recommend a few books for her because I'm such a shameless promoter of the library. We chatted until the concert and then we clapped and laughed together, and it was a lot of fun! I asked if she would mind letting me take her picture for my blog, and she did mind, but she took a picture of me and Christopher and a lot of other Democrats. Also, in the picture of Christopher holding a sign, you can see a bit of her arm. So there you have it.

Leave a comment!
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment